Monday, August 10, 2009

Dawn's Color Challenge #14


Once again this week I was able to participate in Dawn's weekly color challenge. This one wasn't too hard for me as I LOVE all these colors! Notice the buttons in her inspiration photo? Yummy, huh? The Plum Pudding ones will be released on the 15th through Papertrey Ink.



I FINALLY was able to get my new-to-me sewing machine out and put it to some use! I had to read the instructions on how to get everything started, but I was able to put some fun stitching on this one! I also made a fun faux flower, although I should've put some leaves on it somehow. Oops. :( I did use a Scarlet Jewel button for the centerpiece.

I think it took longer to set up the bobbin and get everything threaded than it did to make this card! ha!




Supplies: (All PTI unless noted)
Paper - Raspberry Fizz, Plum Pudding, Scarlet Jewel, Vintage Cream
Ink - Vintage Cream
Stamps - Mega Mixed Messages
Other - Scarlet Jewel Vintage Button, Rustic Jute Button Twine, Cream Thread, Sewing Machine

6 comments:

Maureen said...

Love the random stitch line!! You will love sewing on cards...I just love my new machine since June!! TFS

Anonymous said...

So cute as usual Liz!

Aimes said...

Oh I hear ya on the sewing machine - took me so long to set mine up for literally 2 minutes use too! LOL!
Love your take on the RSCC too!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Ripped cardstock and button ~ FABULOUS!!! Way to rock Dawn's color combo.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Trisha.R.Jackson said...

VERY pretty!! Ditto on the sewing machine - that's the longest part of the whole thing. And then when it gets tangled, you have to do it all over again.

Erika said...

Great card, love the stitching!