Friday, September 25, 2009

PTI Blog Hop



It's the 25th of the month, which means it's time for PaperTrey Ink's Blog Hop! I've been participating in the blog hop chatter, but this is the first month I've been able to actually complete the challenge!


This month's challenge was to use some of the packaging that comes with our orders when we receive them in the mail. Thankfully, I just had an order so I was able to come up with a few things! This weekend is my niece's birthday party, so I used the paper stuffing to wrap her gift. Before wrapping it up, I used Polka Dot Basics, the small and large single dots and randomly stamped in Ripe Avocado, Dark Chocolate, and Enchanted Evening. I tied it all up with Ripe Avocado twill ribbon.


The card uses two more packaging items. First is the cardboard piece that comes on the ends of the cardstock. I cut off the folded ends, flattened it and adhered it to Ocean Tides and a strip of Spring Rain. The polka dot paper is the banding that goes around the stamp sets. I punched a 1" circle out of Aqua Mist, stamped an E in Versamark and heat embossed it. It's great that the 1" punch fit exactly over the wording for the set!




Supplies:
Paper - Aqua Mist, Ocean Tides, Spring Rain
Ink - Ripe Avocado, Dark chocolate, Enchanted Evening, Versamark
Stamps - Polka Dot Basics, Alphabet stamp
Other - 1" circle punch, corner rounder punch, Ripe Avocado Twill ribbon, PTI packaging

29 comments:

Catherine Couch Doucette said...

Oh, the polka dot paper is just so darn cute!!

@JoyceCasaldi said...

Great job!

K said...

Pretty project and I love how you made the card monogrammed. This would make a neat gift set.

Marge said...

Fabulous!!! I very nearly used the banding myself, but changed my mind!!!

Bonnie said...

Great ideas! Oh my goodness! I am a sucker for polka dots!!

Jamie said...

Very nice!

Anonymous said...

Awesome job recycling!

Silke Ledlow said...

Very cute card and I like the gift idea!!! ~S~

AKiteFlier said...

Liz I love the polka dot paper and never thought to use the belly band in this way either. Super cute gift set - your niece will be SO happy,

Melissa said...

Beautiful! Love the stamped tissue paper and the card is so cute!

Daniela F. said...

Super cute card and wrapping paper!

BethieJ said...

LOVE the polka dots! Fun wrapping paper idea!!

Cheryl said...

So, so cute! I love how you made the monogram, and that wrapping paper is so cute!

Terri said...

Nice job on both of them. I especially like how you used the paper for gift wrap!

Lori said...

What a fun, coordinated ensemble for presenting a gift!

Debbie Olson said...

Liz, it's fresh, modern, and lovely--great job!

Lori said...

So nice, great idea for the tissue paper!!!

Karli said...

I like the idea of coordinating the card polka dots with the wrapping paper polka dots. Such an easy way to give plain tissue a fun look :)

A Little Licht on the Subject... said...

What an elegant graphic look! Love it!

Winter said...

So pretty! I love the soft colors! :)

Maile Belles said...

Very pretty! Love your use of the cardboard and how you stamped the polka dots on the tissue.

Dru said...

I love this - clean simple lines and yet beautiful! And the wrapping paper is great!!

Cammie said...

Great wrapping paper and such a pretty card!

Susan said...

So cute! Great ideas to remember.

Banu said...

The gift wrapping is soooo cute. Loved the card as well. Neat idea to use the wrapping band like that.

Nancy L. said...

great idea for the gift wrap!

Laurie HIMCR said...

Great idea! Love it! tfs!

Tammy said...

I like the heat embossing...looks neat!

Anonymous said...

Awesome job! I love it!