Friday, February 5, 2010

Emboss Resist

Yay! I'm back! Today, Nichole Heady, of PTI fame, posted a challenge on her blog showing a technique called emboss resist. I've done a wee bit of embossing, but not much. I've never been shown how to do it and I think I pretty much suck at it. But, I figured I'd give this challenge a try. After two tries, this is what I came up with!


I stamped Polka Dot Basics first in Lavendar Moon. Then used the vine from Beyond Basic Borders in Versamark and heat set it with clear embossing powder. I sponged on Spring Moss and wiped it off with a baby wipe. I wish the image would've popped more, but I'm not sure what I did wrong. Like I said, I don't do embossing much!

The base of the card is Smokey Shadow. Not sure if I like it with the Spring Moss or not. I do like it with the Plum Pudding, though.




2 comments:

Tammy said...

I think it looks great Liz! The only thing I can think to make it stand out more is to use more green, maybe a little ripe avocado to help it contrast with the light background paper.

Anonymous said...

I love it Liz! I think you did a great job!!!

I'm starting to feel better and feel like I can sit and make cards now, so here I come!