Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Signs

Awhile back, one of my good friend's mom contacted me about making her a sign to give to her daughter (my friend) that would go in her granddaughter's room when she was born. I didn't have a lot to go off of, though! I started out by hitting up Pottery Barn Kids and found her bedding, Sophie. Such a cute flower print with the skirt being striped and the comforter being polka dot.

I went and bought two white frames and then took the sheet plus a paint card that I had from PBK that matched the bedding, too, to buy paper.


I absolutely love how they turned out. The first one uses a font called Thinking of You. I thought it was a whimsical child-like font.


The second uses a more mature, but still fun font called Juice. I love font names! :) Originally, I was only supposed to do the second phrase, but then she came back wanting the first one, too. And then later she came back asking for a card, too! So, I made them all matchy :)


And here's all three together!


I hope you like them, Rhiannon! And I hope they work well in Harper's room :)

7 comments:

Simi said...

I think they look GREAT Liz!!!

Nadine said...

Wow Liz FANTASTIC job on the gifts!! I absolutely love the layout of the pictures and the matching card is perfect. Im sure your friend will be thrilled!

Anonymous said...

Love them. Great job! I can't wait to see them in Harper's room. :-)

Diane Jaquay said...

Wow, how gorgeous! Love the beautiful flowers!

Cathy Weber said...

What a great gift idea. I love the sentiments on both. So pretty with the bright white frames.

Dana said...

Liz this is the best baby gift set I've seen in a long time. Simply gorgeous and obviously heartfelt. You went to a lot of work and it shows. Lovely.

Sue Ann said...

LIZ this is such a wonderful gift and I so love the sayings and papers that you used!!! FANTASTIC!!!