Monday, June 28, 2010

Wave your flag

I was thinking the other day that I really needed some new 4th of July decorations in my house. Tonight I finally got a burr up my butt and decided to go hog wild and make something. I hit up Michael's on my way home (to buy a Cuttlebug..yay!! now I can buy PTI dies!!), and while I was there, grabbed a sheet of blue and sheet of red patterned paper.

I came home and (with dh's help this time) cut out everything I needed out of pressed wood. Here's the finished piece:



I feel like it needs something, but I'm not sure what yet....The paper on the square behind the star is from a DCWV pack and the cream is PTI's Vintage Cream. I have no clue what the blue and red are!


I went over the whole thing with my tea dye duo to add some old charm :) and added some fun tears in my paper. The whole thing is 17x8.




5 comments:

Tammy said...

Love your flag just the way it is. If you want something more, maybe add some metal swirly things (sorry, don't know the name) behind the small block or the star?? Congrats on the cuttlebug purchase. I love mine and know you will love yours as well.

Anonymous said...

It's perfect! Love it!

Monica K. said...

This is really cute! Congrats on getting your Cuttlebug. You'll love it!

Unknown said...

Liz, it looks awesome! :)

B said...

Oh what a great decoration!!! :) So lovely! And yay for the new cuttlebug!!! I love my little bug!