Saturday, February 12, 2011

Hair do-dads

Back in September, I made a fun little hair thing for myself (sorry, no pics). I wore it to work a few weeks ago and one of my co-workers wanted me to make one for her. I already had fabric in my stash, so I sat down one night and cut up a few different circles and then figured out which ones would go together. Here's what I came up with:


Not sure how well you can see it, but the back layer is a smokey shadow color with black leaves on it. I topped it with a True Black matte button.


This one is topped by a Raspberry Fizz button (which was very hard to match to my fabric, if I may say so!).


Here you can see the gray/black fabric better. I added 3 Raspberry Fizz rhinestones to the middle.


Here's how I do the back: it's just a small circle of felt that I adhere inside a bobby pin and then attach the fabric to the felt. These are all about 2 inches, so not huge. And, yes, I know that they are not all symmetrical, but that's what I love about them!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love them Liz! Great job.

I also love the birthday tag you made in your previous post. I must try that!