I had to print a picture out for Lexi. She needed a family picture to take for preschool. Yes. Preschool. I can't believe it! Anyway, while I printed out one of the three of us, I decided I needed to update a few pics I have in frames. I did one of my friends and I on our girls trip to update another one I had of all of us about 2 or 3 years ago. However, after printing and going to put it in the frame, I realized it was a 4x6 and my frame was a 5x7! So, you know, instead of making myself a mat, I had to just make a whole new frame!
This started out as an ugly light brown frame. I sprayed it black to go with all the rest of the black frames in my house. It's a fabulous frame as it comes with a 4x6 mat that has two layers on it! I knew I wanted to do something with the mat...I couldn't leave it alone :) So I pulled up my SCAL, and cut out friends in my wish i were taller font, which is one of my faves! The paper is Jillibean Soup, Blossom Soup.
Then, I thought it needed something else....so I pulled out some green and white fabric that went with the Blossom Soup and made some fabric flowers to put on top. Love how it turned out! A simple project made with everything I had on hand :)