Wednesday, October 19, 2011

apple towels

I found some towels on clearance at Target oh, about 9 months ago! Two for only $1.50. I've been wanting to sew something on them, but couldn't figure out what. I decided I'd do something for my mom's birthday. She has her kitchen in red and green apples.

I pulled out my Cricut and used the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge (I never use those anymore!) and cut out an apple on cardstock. I then took squares of fabric and adhered heat n bond to the backs, traced the apple and cut it out.



I had one heck of a time getting the back of the heat n bond off so it could adhere to the towels, but I did it. And then I sewed them to it. My mom absolutely loved them. And, bonus, the green fabric matches the cushions on her kitchen chairs exactly :)


I had also seen a cool decoration on pinterest using Mason jars. While we were at Brandon's grandma's, I noticed she had a bunch and she told me to go ahead and take as many as I wanted. Score! So, I made one up for my mom. I didn't put any epsom salt in the bottom since it was only August and I thought she might want to do something else with it before Christmas.


I made a few up for myself. One of the parties we threw, I cut a bunch of wild flowers from our yard and put in them. Right now, I have small decorative pumpkins and gourds filling one for fall. I'll try and take a picture :)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it Liz! Great job!