Sunday, July 20, 2008

Frustrated

It's 3pm and I'm currently sitting on the couch with nappy greasy hair and in my pjs because my daughter WILL NOT SLEEP. Correction...she will sleep, but only on me. I've tried putting her in her bouncy and crib at least 5 times each. And she wakes up immediately and screams. Of course Brandon's working on the GTI in Reynoldsburg, so no shower any time soon for me.

Do you know how hard it is to not get mad at her and not break down and start crying?

Brandon and I had a long talk last night about our lives. I knew that when Lexi was born, there'd be sacrifices made. But, I imagined it being easier than it is. I feel like him and I haven't talked in ages. The only talking we do is about the house and projects. And yeah, we do stuff with our friends, but sometimes I feel left out. We tend to have to leave because it's past Lexi's bedtime and she's fussing too much. Or I can't get crazy since I have a daughter now.

I love my daughter, don't get me wrong, but it isn't the glory and glamour I thought it would be. :(

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I can only imagine what you are going through. They say it is hard but you don't realize it until it happens. It is a big change. That is why I don't understand why people who can help don't wait a little longer to get pg after marriage. Could you imagine if you and Brandon were just married? I want a baby but I am also nervous how it will change our lives. Hang in there! It will get better!