Friday, July 18, 2008

Nervous...

So I started back to work last Wednesday after 12 awesome weeks off for maternity leave. I didn't think it was going to be so hard to leave my little one. I didn't cry (should I be proud of that?), but my heart hurt. Anyway, my supervisor came to me last Friday to tell me that him and my manager wanted to take me to lunch to talk about "things". Ok, first of all....all my one-on-one's have been in office for an hour. This is out of the office and for an hour and a half.

When he came to tell me and ask what day was good, he was really quiet about it. That in and of itself scares me. I have NO CLUE what is going to happen today and that makes me so incredibly nervous. I guess if I were going to get fired, they would've done it last week. Granted, I don't think I have done anything to get fired over (and I haven't been here for 12 weeks!). I'm nervous that they want me to work with another group. Can I just say how much I hate change? I'm a creature of habit. I like comfort. Throw me into a new situation and I'm sweating bullets and my stomach does flip flops. I'm nervous they're going to give me something I can't do.

This sucks. I wish he would've told me more last week. Ugh. Fear of the unknown sucks donkey balls. Wish me luck....our lunch is at 11:30. (though...I guess I should be happy I'm getting a free lunch out of this.....)

No comments: