Thursday, May 7, 2009

When the cats away...

If you live in Central Ohio, you know how lovely it was outside this morning. Incredibly foggy so that you couldn't see too far ahead of you. I got to work and couldn't see the corner of Nationwide and Front very well. But, the second my co-worker walked in and greeted me, I got a huge smile on my face and said, "GOOD MORNING!! Isn't it a beautiful sun-shiney day out today?"

If you know me, I am SO not a morning person (although, I do like to get in to work early so I can leave early). But, today, today was different. You see, BOTH our manager and supervisor are out of the office. Supervisor is out until Monday and manager is out until the 18th. And the best thing? We've finally slowed down some here. We're still busy doing work, but we don't have a ton of EXTRA added onto us. We don't have someone here treating us like children who don't know what a deadline is and don't know when things are due (that have been due at the same time for at least the past 5 years).

There are 6 of us here on my team and every single one of us is wearing a huge smile today. Amazing. Tomorrow's plans? We're doing lunch as a team because the last time we got to do it was in....hmm...October?? Yeah.... Day's like today are days when I don't mind my job. Especially when it means I get to spend the evening with my husband and daughter and get to eat dinner with them and put my daughter to bed. Oh..and it means I actually get to spend time relaxing and doing what I want! WHOO HOO! :)


4 comments:

Emily said...

You definitely deserve it, girlie!!!

Enjoy your 2 days "off"!! :)

Anonymous said...

You totally deserve it!

Have a nice Mother's Day!

Julie D said...

Happy Mother's Day, Lexi's Mommy!!!

We are the Ferrari's said...

Oh I am so excited that Lexi's dress fits! :) Glad you had a good Mother's Day! :)