Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Dawn's Color Challenge #16



I got a chance to participate in Dawn's Raspberry Suite Color Challenge for this week. I always like when I have time to do them! For this challenge, I used all PTI colors: Summer Sunrise, Rustic Cream, Dark Chocolate, and Kraft. I knew with these colors I wanted to do an autumn theme, but wasn't sure who I'd make an autumn card for. (I don't like just having them sit around...I like to send them out!)



Here's what I came up with! We have two family weddings in October, so I thought this was perfect!! I did two different colors using Polka Dot Basics I: Ripe Avocado on one and Dark Chocolate on the other. I used Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge #80 for the layout. Love this layout! (watch for coming cards...I also did Christmas cards with it too!)



I decided that the dp looked a little blah, so I used my sewing machine and sewed around it. And then used my dauber to sponge on some ink to distress the whole card and the punched circles a bit. Adds much more character!




Supplies (all PTI unless noted):
Paper - Rustic Cream, Kraft, Summer Sunrise, DCWV seasons dp
Ink - Dark Chocolate, Ripe Avocado, Creative Living Toasted Almond Dauber
Stamps - Polka Dot Basics I, Mega Mixed Messages
Other - 1 3/4in EK Success Circle Punch, 2in Fiskars Circle Punch, Sewing Machine

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it as usual!!!!

Emily said...

Oh I love fall and I love these cards! Great job, Liz!!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Love your take on this challenge, nice job... the dots are a nice touch too!

Kathleen said...

Great job on the challenge! So glad you played~

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Love your dots and stiching! Fabulous job with Dawn's color challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.