Thursday, September 10, 2009

Notes

My friend, Alicia, saw my post the other day with my mom's birthday gift. She popped me up at work and asked if I would make one for her mom's birthday. I got her mom's favorite color, which was blue and that's all I had to go on.



I made it fairly similar to my mom's since that was the one she liked. Instead of the ribbon (I didn't have any blue that I liked), I used buttons with twine. The dp comes from DSVW's Seasons pack. The rest is all Papertrey Ink (of course!).



I used the dp for the pencil. I've found that this works best using a lightweight paper, so I can't use cardstock or even my BasicGrey papers. :( Instead of doing a loop around the pencil, I tied a bow around it and used some sticky tape to tack it to the holder.




Hope your mom loves it, Alicia! (and I hope you have a great time in Cape Cod!!)

Supplies (all PTI unless noted):
Paper - DSVW Seasons, Stampers Select White, Enchanted Evening, Spring Rain
Ink - Enchanted Evening
Stamps - Hero Arts Alphabet
Other - Twine, Blue Buttons, Taylored Expressions twill ribbon, 2" Fiskars circle punch, 1.75" EK Success Circle Punch

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! Great job.

Molly Mover said...

I will let you know what she says! Though her actual 60th bday was the day of your post, she's getting it tomorow!