Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Christmas Tags

Last Wednesday was PTI's blog hop. With Thanksgiving and travelling, I didn't have time to make anything let alone post it! The challenge was to make either packaging for a gift or tags. Saturday, I got busy with my Cricut, stamps and ink.
I made 21 of these little ones using Scarlet Jewel and Rustic Cream paper. The holly and To/From is from 2009 Holiday Tags set. I only inked up the leaves in Ripe Avocado and then drew the berries on with my Stampin' Up red marker. The To/From is stamped in Dark Chocolate. I'll attach them to the gifts using some Rustic Twine I bought last year at JoAnn's.
I originally did 4 big ones first, but figured if I did them this large, it would use up WAY too much cardstock! (the little ones I can fit 15 on one sheet). These large ones are approximately 4x3.
These use the same color scheme...Scarlet Jewel for the tag and Ripe Avocado for the snowflake (all cut using the SCAL). The dp is from Holiday Cheer. I added a dab of Lime Green Stickles to the snowflake center to give it a bit of interest. Not sure it came through on the pictures, but I ran a stitch around the outside of the dp.
I wasn't sure how to do the To/From, so I just put it on the back. I'm not as happy with the back as I am the front, but this side won't really be shown. I stamped the same To/From as the smaller stamps in Dark Chocolate and then the sentiment is from Christmas Sentiments (love that set!) stamped in Scarlet Jewel.



Supplies (all PTI unless noted):
Paper - Scarlet Jewel, Ripe Avocado, Holiday Cheer
Ink - Dark Chocolate, Ripe Avocado, Scarlet Jewel
Stamps - 2009 Holiday Tags, Signature Christmas
Other - Cricut/SCAL, Lime Green Crystal Stickles, Rustic Twine, Sewing machine, Stampin' Up Red Marker

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love them so much!!!! So beautiful. That's my next adventure next year. Baby steps here!

Julie D said...

You people are way too talented.

I finally know what a Cricut is though! I saw it this weekend on HSN or QVC or one of those. Sweet!

jannypie said...

i just did a google search for "christmas scal tags" and this was the third result! :)