Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Gift Set

I don't know about all of you, but the hardest people on my Christmas list to buy for are our grandmas. They have everything they need, don't need any more clutter (more to clean), and have already had 80+ Christmases for gift giving. So, I struggle on what to get for them. This year, I decided to go the homemade route and do a set of 6 cards and a notepad for each of them.
I made both sets exactly the same so it would be easy to do two of each piece at the same time. In another post, I'll show you each of the cards...of course I couldn't do them all the same!


The notepad has a base of Summer Sunrise. Just the perfect "pick me up" color! I used only Beyond Basics Borders on them. The Kraft piece has stitching down the center. I used the vines as flower stems and attached Plum Pudding, Summer Sunrise and Berry Sorbet buttons as the petals.
For the inside, instead of making a curved pocket, I cut a small slice (1/4") off and then used a 1" circle punch in the middle. I adhered the edges down with TT tape. Stay tuned for posts of the cards in the set!



Supplies (all PTI unless noted):
Paper - Summer Sunrise, Stampers Select White, Kraft
Ink - Ripe Avocado, Plum Pudding, Berry Sorbet
Stamps - Beyond Basics Borders
Other - Vintage Buttons Plum Pudding, Berry Sorbet, Summer Sunrise, Sewing Machine, 2" Scallop punch, 1" circle punch

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it Liz!!! They will think it's the greatest gift ever. Homemade gifts are gifts from the heart.

I did that for my Mom once (but I had someone else make them - wasn't crafty enough at the time) and she loved it. She loved having stationary already ready. YAY