Monday, March 8, 2010

Lucky

I broke out my sewing machine for it's actual intended purpose over the weekend...sewing fabric! I'm not, nor have I ever been, a sewer. I'm lucky to sew a straight line. However, while on vacation and searching blogs, I found this fun pillow that inspired me. I figured something like it would be easy enough to complete.

So, while at IKEA, I picked up a plain white pillow (20x20) for $3.99. I had some plain muslin fabric at home in my stash and I picked up a square of a green fabric quarter at JoAnns for $1.99.


I don't do well with measuring either, so I had a bunch left at the top. I decided rather than to sew it, I'd just do some Ripe Avocado buttons with Ecru embroidery floss to close it.


The font I used is called A Yummy Apology (how fun is that name?) and I cut the fabric using my Cricut and SCAL. Ironed it on using Heat Bond and that's it! Now I have a fun pillow for St Patty's Day that only cost me $5.98 and a little bit of time!




5 comments:

Allison said...

Love it!!! You're so talented!

Nadine said...

Wow Liz! Is this your first pillow? It looks very well done and I really like that font you chose. Sewing fabric, paper, or anything is so beyond me… Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Liz, it's adorable! :)

Anonymous said...

I really love it Liz! Great job!

Simi said...

that is VERY cute! :) Great job.