Monday, May 3, 2010

Tissue Flowers

I knew when I first started seeing these tissue paper flowers that I'd need to try them on my own! Of course, my scalloped punch wouldn't work on tissue paper; it kept tearing it. So I tried a circle. Thankfully, that one worked!


The picture makes the yellow a LOT more yellow than it really is. (it doesn't look like a rubber duck in real life. promise!) The base is Smokey Shadow and has a layer of Raspberry Fizz with Text Style #1 stamped on it. I always have a heck of a time getting this to line up. But, I keep working with it because I hate having stamp sets not being used.


For my first try, I don't think it's too terribly bad! I don't like how that button photographs, though :( I really need to get better at photographing cards. And if my DH would ever put Photoshop on my computer and give me a tutorial on it, that'd help too... :)


Supplies (All PTI unless noted):
Paper - Smokey Shadow, Raspberry Fizz, White
Ink - Raspberry Fizz, Ripe Avocado
Stamps - Text Style #1, Beyond Basic Borders
Other - Yellow tissue paper, Raspberry Fizz Vintage Button, Embroidery Floss

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like it Liz. Great color combos. I'll have to show you the two cards I made this weekend. :-)

Diane Jaquay said...

I love these colors together! Your flower looks great :)