Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Pallenge #8

Diane challenged us Pals to make a summery card either using summer stamps or summer colors. I have no summer stamps, so I knew this was going to be a hard one! Luckily, I was crafting with a few girlfriends and one of them brought a SU! set that had a cute little girl in a bathing suit (sorry...I have no clue which one it was)


I wound up stamping her and coloring her in using SU! markers and cutting her out. Then I did the sun, too. I had no clue what I was going to do with it, but I brought it home and thought it would be perfect for an ocean scene. I cut out a base of Ocean Tides and Stampers Select White. I sponged on some Aqua Mist for a sky and cut out Ocean Tides to look like waves.


I'm not thrilled with the card, but I at least completed the challenge :)

4 comments:

Sue Ann said...

That is so cute. It reminds me of a day last summer out in Montauk....... Emma was in her float ALL DAY ... I was so tired by the end of the day I could hardly walk home from the beach!!!

Anonymous said...

Cute! I recognize her. :-)

Diane Jaquay said...

Cute card Liz, I'm so glad you were able to play along with my challenge!!

Tammy said...

Very cute! I really like the subtle look of the sponged sky.