Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Sunflower Birthday


I've never done much paper piecing and layering of stamps, but I've always wanted to try! So, when I saw a card that Debbie Olson did using Round and Round, I knew I needed to try. Besides, how fun is a single color sunflower?!?

I don't think it turned out too bad, although I had a hard time cutting the circles so they looked ok and weren't all jagged. I think I need to get a sanding block :) I actually broke out the Cricut to find the sun-looking circle behind the focal point. Something I need to do more of! Generally, it sits with a bunch of stuff in front of it that I'm too lazy to move! LOL


Supplies (all PTI unless noted):
Paper - Kraft, Turning a New Leaf, Stampers Select White, Summer Sunrise
Ink - Dark Chocolate, Summer Sunrise, Ripe Avocado
Stamps - Round and Round
Other - Cricut, Ripe Avocado twill ribbon

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really love this card! I too keep saying I'm going to bust out the cricut for pieces like that, but I never do. Great job!

Sue Ann said...

I love this card Liz. Sunflowers are so bright and cheerful and you are 100% right they cannot be one color!!! When I made a card with this same stamp I was a freak trying to cut in a circle ..... you did it perfectly!!!