Monday, January 10, 2011

yay!

One of my friends is off on a cruise ship to get married today! I wish I could be with her to share in her special day, but, unfortunately, it's an incredibly busy time at work and there was no way I could go. She had asked me to make her a sign/flag that she could use in her pictures. I didn't really have any requirements besides it needed to have the word "yay" on it.

So here's what I came up with for her.....


I used poster board as my base. I cut two triangles and covered both in the hot pink fabric (her colors are hot pink, orange, and green). Each side got orange rick-rack ribbon around the edges. I then made a little pocket with some leftover fabric which allows the stick (wrapped in orange ribbon) to slide in and out. That way, she can pack it easily in her suitcase.

I used my cricut to cut out the yay! in vinyl. It was easy to put on and she can remove it if she just wants it for decoration.


Em, I know you'll be a stunning bride! I can't wait to see all the pictures and celebrate when you get home! Congratulations and here's to many many happy years!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah I can't wait to see Em's pictures. Great job Liz!

Emily said...

I love my sign, Liz!

I'm so bummed that we didn't get to use it :(

I swear I'm going to find a use for it or display it somewhere!!