Thursday, December 17, 2009

Sympathy

I had to make a masculine sympathy card for a co-worker who lost his grandmother a few weeks ago. I struggle with masculine cards, but I struggle even more when I know it'll be seen by co-workers! I have to do my best so I can impress :)
I *think* I succeeded. I used Beyond Basics Borders and stamped in Vintage Cream and Dark Chocolate on Kraft. I used a card I found in Paper Crafts as inspiration. I added the stitching around the perimeter to give it a bit of interest.
Since this card won't be mailed, I also stamped one of the trees on the outside of the envelope. Adds a bit of fun :)



Supplies used (all PTI unless noted):
Paper - Kraft
Ink - Vintage Cream, Dark Chocolate
Stamps - Beyond Basics Borders
Other - A2 white envelope, sewing machine

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a nice way to show sympathy. I love it Liz.

Julie said...

That is really well done! I always struggle with masculine cards, too. I'm sure he will very much appreciate receiving a card from you.