Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Glittery Love

I've said before that I never really do Valentine's Day cards (make them that is), but apparently I'm doing them this year as I find myself picking up all the papers and colors that go along with V-day! LOL Today's card was actually another challenge card, but for the life of me, I cannot remember which one! Oops. Oh well. I know I was past the deadline to enter my link anyway.


I got a set of Martha Stewart glitter for Christmas from my friend Emily and I thought the pink and red would look great on a valentine's day card! I haven't done much with glitter (hello...it's MESSY!), but I always love how it turns out on other's cards, so I wanted to try it.

Not too bad for my first shot, I suppose. If you use glitter, how do you get it to stick? I used my 2-way glue pen, but didn't realize it came off on some of the edges on the red heart (I did that one first...the pink one came out much better!). How do you get full coverage without getting glitter all over your glue pen if you try and touch up?

One of the sheets of scrap was a piece of cardboard-like material, but with a wavy pattern. I've had it for ages and figured it was high time to use it!


Supplies used:
Paper - Kraft, DCWV dp, unknown pink
Ink - Raspberry Fizz, Pure Poppy
Stamps - Unknown Love set
Other - Martha Stewart Glitter, corner rounder

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! I made all of my V-Day cards on Saturday. I'm so excited with how they turned out. I even made a V-Day anniversary card as my sister's wedding anniversary is on V-Day. FUN!

BTW I have no idea how to really get glitter to stick. I use a glue pen too. I don't use glitter that often either.

Diane Jaquay said...

Nice job on your first V-day card, pinks and glitter and you've got it ;) I also use a glue pen, although I have a large, wide glue pen from Close To My Heart for big areas and I get much better coverage that way. I also use score tape sometimes, and if you have a Xyron machine you can run your paper (heart, or whatever shape you want to glitter) through there and then remove the paper and apply the glitter to the sticky side. HTH

Ted said...

Very Valentiney, Liz...and I love the simple and yet large sentiment! :)